Today was my birthday. It was the big 3-0! Hayli's present to me was sleeping in until 10 in the morning! (yeah I know - that was a great birthday present!) My friends here were really kind and had a potluck lunch for me. It was great! Kara made a lot of food (even a macaroni casserole for the babies). How sweet was that???

I was lucky enough to have some of my friends make it to the potluck! A lot of babies are sick right now... I guess it is that time of year!Leon (Kara's husband) & Jayden
Jenny, Kara, & me
Hayli & Anna
Lisa & Anna
Jenny made me an ice cream cake - homemade - as in she even iced the ice cream. It was really yummy! The party was really great.

That is until Hayli walked behind the Pack-And-Play and fell somehow. Conrad went to get Hayli because she was crying. When I saw Conrad's face, I knew something was wrong. "There's blood!" YIKES! When I saw Hayli's little face it was covered in blood. We slowly wiped the blood away inspecting for any abrasions as we went along. This process was not making Hayli any happier, but we had to find the source of all the blood. We found out it was coming from her mouth, but she wouldn't let us look inside her mouth. I am sure it was way too painful. So, we had to rush out of the party and into the car to get Hayli cleaned up and keep a close eye on her. While we were in the car, I still could not pinpoint where the blood was coming from but at least I found out that she had all three of her teeth still.
After we finally got the bleeding to stop, Hayli decided that despite the pain she wanted to play. This only led to another tumble and the bleeding started again!!!
We did get to see the cut after the second bleeding. It is between her top gums and the upper lip inside her mouth. After a lot of research, I found that this little piece of tissue that connects the upper lip to the gums is called a Frenulum Labii Superioris. That's a tricky set of words, huh? In the end, Hayli ended up with no stitches, a routine of receiving pain reliever, and a mouth wash to make sure that the wound did not get infected. And I - well we didn't get to do much else for my birthday, but I can't say it wasn't eventful!





No comments:
Post a Comment