Today we dropped Hana off at Oma's house and went to the zoo with Hayli, mainly because Clifford the Big Red Dog was going to be there. We met up with Hayli's friend Tristan and his family. When we got to the zoo, we asked about the Clifford event, but nobody knew what we were talking about. I told Conrad that I knew I wasn't crazy because PBS had been advertising this event for weeks... We decided that we drove all that way, we were going to enjoy the zoo nonetheless. Some of the animals were not such a hit with Hayli. She really did not like the big animals like the lions, sea lions, and elephants... There were some good ones though, like the meerkats. The meerkats just had babies on the 23rd of March, so they were in a special observation cage.

We ate lunch with the monkeys... Charles (Tristan's dad) was a bird droppings victim. I guess that is the risk you take when you eat lunch under a tree -- especially at the zoo!

Hayli really liked the tortoises and the sand cats. She named the tortoise Tuck, because Tuck is the turtle on Wonder Pets. Hayli thought that the sand cats were "really cute". 



Hayli's least favorite part? Why, Clifford the Big Red Dog of course! LOL!!! Yes, he was there afterall, but Hayli didn't want anything to do with him! Poor Clifford!!!







1 comment:
I totally know the frustration! Same thing with Xander when we went to see him at Barnes and Noble. He was fine looking at him from far away but we go up there to get a picture taken with him and he wanted out of there- he was climbing Tracy to try to get away. LOL
Post a Comment