Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Hana Elisabet

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

Sign & Sing


I think we, as parents, always want what is best for our children. When the opportunity arose to enroll Hayli in a Sign & Sing class, I jumped at the idea that there can be a conversation between dada, mama, and Hayli. That would also mean that Hayli may be less frustrated when she is trying to let us know something. Conrad wanted to make sure that he too could participate in the course, so we signed
up for Monday nights at 6pm. Tonight was our first class.

Here is Hayli getting ready to go... make sure to get those leggings on!

We learned a lot of signs tonight, but the one we had the most fun with was "ball". Here is the sign for "ball".


The balls that the Sign and Sing instructor, Kimberly, gave us were no ordinary balls. They vibrated and jumped all around. I thought for sure that Hayli would scream and hate that ball. I could not have been more wrong!

Here is Hayli discovering for the first time the jumping and jiggling ball. Miss Kimberly came by and turned the ball off to encourage the sign of "ball". Hayli was not a big fan of that!!!



In order to discover the ball completely, it must go into Hayli's mouth... even if it is vibrating and moving about. =0)



"The class is all a blur to me mama..." LOL!

I don't like this picture because it is an awful angle for me... but it is definitely a milestone! Dada, Hayli, and mama at Hayli's first Sign & Sing class.


For more information on signing with babies, you can go to http://signingbaby.com/main/?cat=24. For more information on Kindermusik's Sign and Sing class, you can go to http://www.kindermusik.com/classes/signsing.aspx.

1 comment:

ellemenopii said...

That looks like a fun class. We learn sign language at Little Gym- it's great! Xander signing has really helped with communication. He knows ball, more, eat, help, bubbles, milk. The first ones we tried teaching him were mommy and daddy. He still won't do those. I don't know why. He just laughs at us when we sign those. I guess it is funny to him. LOL
I am glad you are taking that class. Very cool!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers