Hayli fell on her head yesterday. She was sleeping on the couch and the next thing I knew... BOOM! After being comforted for a little bit, Hayli seemed completely fine. Eyes? Look good. Lost consciousness? Nope. Behavior? Remained the same as before the fall. I made sure to read some research on babies who fall. Everything looked good, but the advice was to keep an eye on Hayli throughout the night. Unfortunately, Hayli didn't sleep at all. Here Hayli is getting pain medicine at 3 in the morning! Does she look sleepy??? =/

Finally around 4 Hayli fell asleep!
This morning, I took Hayli to the doctor, who advised that I get Hayli's skull scanned and x-rayed in case of a skull fracture... that is enough to make a mother's heart drop! Hayli did not like that process at all. Four x-rays were taken by Las Cruces Imaging, and the waiting for the result began. The results came back negative for a fracture (thank goodness) and Hayli is doing well. Needless-to-say, I will not be leaving her to sleep on the couch EVER again!






1 comment:
I am glad she is fine. That would have been scary!
Post a Comment